Wednesday, September 19, 2007




I've been thinking a lot lately about women and men and how they respond to relationships. I've always thought that women are much quicker to form an emotional attachment with someone. Recently, though, a friend suggested that men can get emotionally attached very quickly, too. Are women truly more emotional?

Today Fred and I have been married for four years. It's hard to imagine that some people go four years and still don't have children. I wonder what we would have done all that time without the kids to keep us busy? I guess we have four extra "empty nest" years down the road alone to spend as we see fit.
Friday I leave to go to scrapbook weekend. It will be weird not having Cara sitting across from me. I know most of the other women who will be there, but I'll be rooming by myself. Of course, I'm looking forward to the alone time and the swimming visit that Fred and the kids always make to the hotel. But I know myself well enough to say that at 1:00 a.m., I'm going to be lonely in that room by myself. As much as I love time away, I don't like to sleep alone. I truly believe that I'm the product of serial long-term relationships. I'm just used to having someone to cuddle up next to. I am anxious to get to work on the kids' albums, update my nieces' albums, begin our portrait album, continue my vacation album and finish off the kids' baby books, first year albums and first year calendars.

Today I'm grateful for: the card waiting on my bathroom vanity, the long-stemmed yellow roses delivered to the house today, and the babysitter he arranged for tonight so we can go have dinner without rushing- Happy Anniversary, Honey!




1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow. 1) I can't believe I missed your anniversary, and 2)I can't believe it's already been 4 years!! Happy Anniversary, Jen and Fred!