Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Snack Tray

Genius! Some article in one of the thousands of Parenting magazines in the world said to put out a nibble tray for kids to graze throughout the day. It's not the best thing for the floor (crumbs!) but for me it serves 2 purposes: 1) I don't have to keep serving morsels every time I turn around and 2) Macy eats the same thing as the others, which I think helps her a lot. Of course that means everything on the nibble tray (we just call it "snack tray") has to be dairy-, milk-, egg-, nut- and soy-free, but that's easy.

Today's tray includes plain "Ritz" type crackers (dairy-free,) snap pea crisps, dried banana chips, sea salt & pepper rice crisps and fruit snacks. Yes, I know...but they do enjoy little Spongebob and Princess shaped rubber things every once in awhile. Guess what, though?! Macy reached for the rice crisps first, and Freddie went for the crackers. Neighbor Brooke went to the fruit snacks first, but I caught her trying a snap pea crisp (I'm not sure if she's had them before?) How cool, huh? I was proud of my kids for not grabbing sweets first!

Today I'm grateful for: the fact that my kids eat vegetables...all three of them like asparagus!

No comments: